The weekly photo challenge this week is “inside”. I share these photos of the view inside the mirror. The reflections of what we have already passed by as we travel along the highway, speaks to me of my life’s path. At this time in my life, I can’t help but look back at what was. It is difficult to look inside memories without the events of last year distorting what I see.
For some months after my ex’s arrest, I had to will myself to focus on the now. Reflecting on our marriage just made me feel angry and hurt. I cried because I felt all my memories had become tainted and dirty like a dusty road. I felt robbed of all that was good in my life. I could not help but wonder if perhaps it was at this event or that party that something abusive was going on behind my back. I started looking for the signs I had missed that would have revealed the truth.
These thoughts inside my head were leading me into a pit but God is good. He instructs us to take our eyes off the negative things in our life and focus on the positive. We are instructed to consider the loveliness of life.
Philippians 4:8 ‘Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.’
If we look inside our memories, we can become bitter and filled with regret. As for me, I strive to focus on the lovely things in my life. I choose to keep my eyes looking ahead to the path I am on, with wonderful family and friends, great opportunities and perhaps an adventure or two. There are times when I fail, but there is always a hand ready to pick me up and I am so grateful.
I choose to stop looking inside the mirror to see the reflection of what was, rather I am looking through the window into my future.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (ohthethingsweshallsee.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (ramblingsofahomeschoolmomma.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge INSIDE (2013weeklyphotochallenge.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (shootngo.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Inside (endlessskys.ca)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (allaboutwordswa.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (bluejbluej.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside the Boatwright’s Shop (johnrobertsphotography.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (scottseyephotos.wordpress.com)